Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Predictions

I suspect most pundits are predicting that mix member proportional (MMP) will be defeated in the Ontario referendum today. As my final article before the close of the polls I will provide my own predictions. In the next three days I will also write three final articles: an assessment of the 'no' campaign, an assessment of the 'yes' campaign, and an assessment of the Citizen's Assembly.

First, I too am predicting a defeat for MMP. While this is only a guess, I would estimate that those voting in favour of MMP will total 46% (+/- 3%). Geographically, I believe that the 905 belt and 416 area will show the strongest support for MMP. Look for numbers in the low to mid 50s for these ridings. Urban areas outside of the 905/416 area will be closer, probably around 50/50. The exception will be the urban areas of Northern Ontario. Expect a big defeat for MMP there; expect the numbers to be in the low 40s. Also expect a big defeat for MMP in rural Ontario; those in favour of MMP will be lucky if they top the 40% mark in these parts of the Province. The overall pros and cons of MMP did not balance out well in the eyes of most of those living in Northern and rural Ontario.

As for the general election, I have not provided comment thus far. However, being the political junkie that I am I have to make some predictions: Liberals 43%, PCs 33%, NDP 19% (all +/- 2%). I also predict that Don Valley West will end John Tory's misery tonight and will not elect him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. This has been the best site to learn about MMP. I voted for MMP at lunch time.

Unknown said...

Hi,

Very Very good and usable post. Thank's to share your experience with us. I will try to remember these tips in my blog commenting task.

The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need!b Keep 'em coming... you all do such a great job at such

Concepts... can't tell you how much I, for one appreciate all you do!

Same Day Loans For Unemployed

Direct Lenders For Unemployed

Unknown said...

It’s good to be here, very nice post, the content is amazing, keep posting friend it will be very helpful for everyone, Thanks for sharing. I really liked it.
Thanks and Regards
1000 pound loan no credit check , 1000 loan 12 months
Simply awesome brilliant post. Thanks for sharing...!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome website you have here but I was curious about if you
knew of any forums that cover the same topics
discussed here? I'd really like to be a part of group where I can get
responses from other knowledgeable individuals that share
thee same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let
me know. Cheers!

my website; m88